Saturday, March 19, 2016

Spring Fling

Today is what I am going to start calling Pinspiration Monday! I will take something I find on Pinterest and make it, showing you my supplies and how to! Sounds fun, right?!

So, today for our first #PinspirationMonday I will show you my spring wreath. I happen to think it's pretty darn cute and hope you will as well :)

from Hella Wella
Here is the original pin. This pin came with neither instructions, nor a supply list. It was just "ways to use your initials" and there was an expired Etsy listing attached to it.

I chose to go with a light purple/blue spring color arrangement and a smaller initial letter. Also, I am not a big fan of ribbon, so I excluded that. I went to Hobby Lobby and got a mix of the different flowers I thought I would use. I did go a bit overboard on the flowers, but now I have more for another project! 

Supplies:
- twig wreath (I chose the 24" wreath)
- fake flowers in the colors you would like to use ( I recommend getting several shades of colors)
- wooden initial 
- green metal garden wire, cut in 4-6" pieces
- craft paint in the color you would like your initial letter to be
- ribbon if you choose
- glue gun and stick, if wanted

Directions:
Paint your letter the color you would like, and let it dry completely. Start arranging your flowers, sticking the stems into the twigs. I decided to do my flowers on the left side and my initial on the right side. I chose to put the larger flowers in the center of the left side and then worked my way out to the top and bottom centers. Once you have the flowers how you like use the strips of garden wire and wrap around the stems and twigs to secure. If you are going to use a ribbon bow, I would suggest tying your bow and then running a piece of the wire through the back of the knot and attaching to the twigs. Once your initial letter is completely dry, place it on your wreath in the position you would like.  Attach your initial either with hot glue, garden wire, or by using the twigs. I chose twigs and hot glue. I liked the way the twigs looked on top of the initial, and I wanted the security of the hot glue. 

And... here it is! 
Hope you have enjoyed this beautiful spring weather so far. If you decide to make this wreath, please leave a photo comment below, I'd love to see your creations!

He loves us so. Be blessed my loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment