Friday, January 13, 2017

I Know He Loves Me Because...


So the other day I went to Wal-Mart, and let's just say that I really didn't have anything nice to say about my checking out experience. I came home, made my first video blog, wrote everything out, and had the Mr. read over it. 


He was, to say the least, not amused. Here I am thinking I've just made this great satire piece, and he just blankly says,
"I don't like that, and I don't want you to post that."  
 Uhhhhh... do what? I felt like the girl in the "Nail Salon" video, that has no clue what the nail tech is saying to her! (If you don't know who Anjelah Johnson is or what I'm talking about OMG you have to check her out!) I sort of just sat there for a minute. Most of you who know me personally, know that I do not just back down from an argument (something my hubs doesn't love so much), luckily for him, we had company over and if I am anything, it's a great host. So, to the back burner it went... for then.

Later after everyone had left and I had a couple glasses of my fave wine, we talked about the blog. "You really didn't like it," I asked. "I thought it was quite funny and relatable." He took a deep breath, and knew that I was not going to just let that one go.

He began to tell me that it really wasn't nice, and that he really didn't think that I was that kind of writer. He honestly, just really did not like the piece and was not about to let me start down a path of "gripe writing".

And folks, this is how I know he loves me.

He is not afraid to tell me when I am wrong.
He is not afraid to tell me that he doesn't like something that I've done, written, or said.
He is not afraid to defend me when I do something right.
He is definitely not afraid to go toe-to-toe with me when I am bullheaded.
He is always in my corner.
He is always making sure that I put the best out there.
He always reads, and for the most part proof reads, all of my work.
He encourages me to be better.
He encourages me when I'm struggling.
He encourages me when I write something difficult.

These are, of course, only a few of the reasons that I know my husband loves me. These are the reasons that resound with me the most.

Ok, Ok, enough oooie, gooie...

But seriously,

Thank you babe! Thank you for all of the reasons above, and a million more. I love you always and forever.

Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment