Friday, January 6, 2017

Let's Don't & Say We Didn't


Y'all, so much has happened since my last post. Let me just give ya a quick run down because this would be so super long if I detailed every little thing!

1.)We moved back to Texas over last summer!
-Renters moved out of our TX home, we did/learned what we were supposed to in MS, and our God's timing is always perfect- so here we are.
2.) Baby girl decided she wanted to dive back in to the public school system. 
-She started talking about it in March of last year, we prayed and prayed and then prayed some more. She became a public school junior higher this last fall (eeeeeekkkk!), has had her first dance, first experience with the "Mean Girls", struggled with the retardedness of common core math, and still continues to try her best and push through it all. We are so very proud of her!
3.) Boys are still homeschooling and we love it!
-We changed up the curriculum, schedule, and are working towards more independent studies. We opted to not to the co-op route this year, and it seriously has been a relief to not have to travel, when we don't feel like it. 
4.) Earth shattering, devastating, family destroying drama hit our family in August, and nothing has been the same since. Our extended family is fractured and our own personal hearts are broken.
-Not very many people know what is going on, but I ask for your continued prayers as we are still bruised and broken. We have questioned God, and still struggle to make Him a priority and to trust Him. Bill and I both have different struggles with this. He feels like God lacked in protection, and I feel like I was the one lacking. These things have made us change our views on some things. I will not apologize if you do not agree with the parental changes we have made. Oy, okay, enough on that...

I am still fat and happy, possibly even more so now, and ya know what- who gives a crap?! Seriously y'all, I have probably gained and maintained a good 7 pounds, and my ever widening rear end just keeps getting wider. Thank God my honey loves my bum! I have struggled with wanting to diet, trying to diet, trying to exercise more, not being happy with myself, and coming out on the other side of that and just being happy.

It's not laziness; it's reality!

I am a full time wife. This job title includes being available to whatever my honey needs at any given time. I am the job complaint resource department, the business work helpline, the bedroom hotline, occasionally the sparring partner, and the connoisseur of all things husband related. Sometimes I look at him and think back on all of the wonderful memories we have made in the last ten years and wonder, "Where has the time gone? We have got to be more present with each other and make more memories." Other times I look at him and think, if something happens to him (God forbid!), "I will never marry again and be so super happy to be my own person!" #realtalk 

I am a full time mom. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Snacks, sports, and social obligations. I homeschool our boys four days a week, five if we need extra work. Most days, it flows wonderfully. Some days I want to pull the plug and all of my hair out, and send them back to public school. We try to go to the park in the morning and they play while I walk. We try to go to special events in the homeschool community. We try to set up play dates with the other kiddos. Sometimes it's a success, and sometimes it's an epic failure. My daughter and I have great talks together. I will never forget these special times with her as long as I live. I absolutely love our relationship. Her and I are a part of a mom-daughter bible study group. It is such a fun little group, and I will miss this when it is over. We will definitely have to find something else similar. My favorite part of the day, is when I pick her up from school, the boys get out of the car, and she tells me about her day. The good, the bad, the funny, the ugly. It is so big to her right now, and I am honored that she allows me to be a part of it and wants to share it with me. 

Being a wife and a mom are my priority. In this crazy world, I cling to their innocence and my husband's unwavering love. I don't know what this year, or the next, holds. I do know that I am busy. I stay busy to avoid drama. I stay busy not focusing on the little things-- like 5 pounds. I run around all day like a chicken with my head cut off, I am positive that I am burning some calories, right?! So when my sister asks if I want to go walking with her at 8 p.m., I simply say, "Let's don't and say we didn't."


2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! You are so good at putting things into words. As a mother and a wife as well we sometimes forget to make ourselves a priority. I love being a wife and a mother but sometimes the glass of wine before bed is the only relaxing part of my day. LOL God is good all the time and I'm so thankful he gives me strength to keep up with this crazy blessed life.
    Love ya sister!! Miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! When the kiddos get into bed and it's quiet... it's finally time to try and relax (or start that last load of laundry)!
      Love you so!!

      Delete