Monday, January 11, 2016

Fat & Happy!

So, here it is 2016... and I have decided to begin a blog! As I sit here typing I wonder to myself, as I'm sure you are, "Why in the world have I begun a blog?" Well, the answer is quite simple; I need something for myself. A way to write about random things; food, house, decor, family, vacation, etc., and hope that you enjoy some or all of this part of my life. 

Some info about me and mine-
My amazing hubs and I have been married since November 2006, and we have three crazy great kiddos. Both Bill (the hubs) and I grew up in Wichita Falls, TX. Most of our family still live in that area, or only a couple of hours away in the DFW area. In August 2015, we moved over 500 miles away to Kosciusko, MS for Bill's job. We came here not knowing where anything was, and not knowing how we were going to make it with no family or friends. We came because after praying and seeking out guidance, we knew this was the next step for our family. 

(Top to Bottom: Kaylie, Hunter, Warren, Me, Bill)
In 2014 after months of research, prayers, and meetings and encouragement from other families, we decided to pull our then pre-k, 1st, and 3rd graders from public school and begin homeschooling our kiddos. I in no way believe that homeschooling is for everyone, but for now, it is what is best for our family and we absolutely love it!

Enough about us, for now... 

Why "Biscuits, No Butter" and why "Fat and Happy"?

I LOVE food! Seriously, I love finding new recipes and trying new things. I love finding tiny, little restaurants and trying new things. I love the tried and true southern recipes my grandmothers passed down. I love it all... and so does my family, for the most part! Because of my "food loving," if I feel hungry, I will whip something up! One night, the kids had gone to bed, and Bill and I wanted some kind of filling- no sweet snack. To be real honest, we didn't have very much in the pantry and I had no clue what to make. Bill requested homemade biscuits. "Seriously??? I've never made biscuits!" But, I thought, it really can't be that hard. So, I scoured Pinterest for biscuit recipes. The problem- I had NO butter! When I finally found a buttermilk biscuit recipe that didn't have butter, it was like finding a gold mine-- hence, "fat & happy." Biscuits, No Butter has a couple of significant meanings for me. First, it was a recognition; we might not have everything we want, but we definitely have enough to be sustained.         
                           
                             Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or 
                        ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles 
                        seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you 
                      need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, 
                       and all these things will be added to you.  Matthew 6:31-33 ESV

And second, when I told Bill we had, "biscuits made with no butter and no butter to put in them," he sort of looked at me crazy. I repeated, "biscuits, no butter" in my head. "Biscuits, no butter." I just kept thinking about how catchy it sounded to me. The next day, I woke up thinking it was a great blog name. I had no clue how to start a blog, still have no clue what I am doing, but I believe God is helping me to at least get my words written down, so here it is...

             Welcome to Biscuits, No Butter!









5 comments:

  1. Kristyn....I loved ready this!!! Am anxious to read the next story!!its like ready a good book and you can't wait to get to the next chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina! I hope to post at least 3 times a week. Already prepping for the next post!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oy, thank you so very much! Love you tons, sista!!

      Delete