Monday, January 18, 2016

Texas Heat Salsa

My last post, What's That Cilan-truh? gave you the recipe for my Slow Cooker Chopped Pork Tacos. I wanted to go ahead and give you my super secret, world renowned (by my family :) ) salsa recipe! The great thing about this recipe, you can make it as hot or not as you like!

Since I began making my own salsa, I seriously can not stand the store bought stuff. This recipe is super fresh and super yummy! Enjoy!


KAMS' Texas Heat Salsa
What You'll Need
·         1 package of mixed sweet peppers, seeded and finely chopped
·         1 yellow onion, finely chopped
·         1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
·         1-2 jalapenos (you choose how many) seeded and finely chopped
·         2 cans of Rotel, finely chopped (this is where you can pick some of your hotness; Rotel with Habaneros, Rotel with Green Chilies, or my fav for this recipe – Rotel with Lime Juice & Cilantro)
Sometimes you can find bell peppers & onions pre sliced! 
·         1 tsp ground cumin
·         1 tsp garlic powder
·         couple cranks of sea salt
·         spritz of lime juice  


How to Make It
·         Seed and slice all peppers, onion, and jalapenos.
·         Drain juice well from cans of Rotel.
·         Place peppers, onion, jalapenos, and Rotel tomatoes in to food processor or chopper. (Depending on the size of your processor, you may have to do this step in batches.)
·         Once all of the veggies are finely chopped and mixed together, add the remaining ingredients.

·         Mix well and serve with your favorite tortilla chips!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I am going to try these pork tacos, seems easy which I love!! Miss you!! Can't wait til yall come visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so super easy, and twice as yummy! See you in a little over a week!

      Delete